
The wind of change is blowing, with such a fierceness. My environment has changed so much in the past few months, and soon it will change again. I'll be starting a new position as a English teacher for the little ones here in Korea, and I'm so excited! But August is in my way...Actually, July is still kinda in my way too, but I try not to think about that. One thing that I've learned here is that I'm not as open to change as I once thought I was. Change in co-workers, or even living arrangements take some time getting use to. And in 6 months, it'll all change again! Yikes! In six months I'll be making that oh so scary change of coming back to America. As happy as I know I'll be to see my friends and family (and to eat at Chipotle), I'm terrified of living as an American IN America. I've gotten used to being an American in Korea, but when I think about going back home, I'm a little apprehensive about the change. My life here is comfortable and convenient, not necessarily easy but....it's livable. Can life in the US be livable?? I know nothing about anything really. What are gas prices like, how much is produce nowadays, how will I live without the subway?? Unfortunately, I'm prone to think about things waayyy before those things are even going to happen. Nevertheless, the wind of change is blowing.
It's blown through my love life with the emergence of a wonderful man. And it's blown through my spiritual life with a clearer and better understanding of what God expects of me, His child. When the wind blows, doesn't it leave marks of its presence in the things that it's touched? I've seen the change in my environment, and in my heart, but what about my walk with Christ. Have I allowed the wind to leave a true and lasting mark in my soul? Has what I've learned shown itself in a marked change in my behavior, thoughts, and words? Sometimes I'm ashamed that my answer is no. The question that this wind of change has brought about in me is how many times will it have to blow in order for me to let it forever leave its mark?
No comments:
Post a Comment