At the beginning of September, I stretched my legs and moved from behind my desk and stood up in front of students once again. I must admit that I'm not as passionate about adults as I am about students, but I did feel this desire to use what I had learned in my last position to improve my teaching and my relationships with students. So now, not only have I been able to teach English again, I've been able to teach religion class. This is my first time teaching religion, and I was a little nervous. Can I really teach others about God?
The Lord is so wonderful...my experience in my previous position started a huge spiritual growth spurt. If not for that experience I don't believe that I would have been nearly as ready and capable of showing the practicality of God's Word to my students. What's more amazing is that my class is full of students who have some knowledge of the Bible and Christianity so most of our time isn't spent explaining stories, but rather applying Bible stories to our own lives.
These women (yes all women) have revealed lessons in familiar Bible stories which points me daily to the FACT that God looks out for us all. He doesn't just give teachers words to use to inspire their students, but He also uses the students to inspire the teachers. What a humbling and awesome experience. God uses EVERYONE to INSPIRE. So inspire and open yourself up to be INSPIRED.
Sounds like you're super content :) I'm so glad you've been able to have so many wonderful experiences in Korea. Glad to hear what's new.
ReplyDelete